Saturday, September 22, 2007

UT vs Rice - Pregame

I woke up this morning and headed out to shoot a mini-documentary on early morning tailgaters. I was nervous that they wouldn't be out with the Owls in town, but a 6:30 a.m. a trio of guys were setting up. By the time I got started, there was plenty of action.
I've never actually been tailgating, but it was all I ever thought. Beer, grilling and flat screen TVs.

Texas destroys Rice with the regularity of a second hand on a Rolex, but they haven't put a whooping on anyone this season. Either they'll break that trend today, or they'll probably be out of the AP's top 10. I'm guessing its going to be the latter... 55-13 sounds about right.

I'm not a techophile by any means, but I am something of a gearophile. To shoot the documentary and cover the game, I brought the following items.
1 Canon XL1
1 Tripod
1 pair Sony headphones
1 Sennheiser 416 shotgun mike
1 Short Robopole boompole
1 Extra XLR cable
1 Mac laptop
1 Olympus digital voice recorder
1 Konica-Minolta digital camera
1 Pentax film camera
3 Rolls film
3 Mini-DV tapes
3 Notebooks
3 Pens
2 Pair binoculars

And... I think that's about it. I'm not so dumb to think I'd need it all, but I'm dumb enough that I thought it should all be brought, just in case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home