Tuesday, August 28, 2007

U-Wire Top 10

Ranking college football teams seems to have become part of the job for sportswriters, and new polls pop up every day.
I don't see anything wrong with that, especially not when I get to vote in one. 28 voters, each from a separate D-1 school paper, made their picks. And here's what we came up with.

***

For the Texan, I wrote today about why giving Mack Brown a raise was a good thing. Once it's published, I'll probably post it here as well.
There was one argument against the raise that I didn't address: some would charge that the incredible amount of revenue gained by the football program should be put into hiring better teachers and improving UT's academics in general.
That's fine, but the way I see it, giving away what they've earned is liking plugging the rectum of an incredible dog that lives off his own droppings because you can't stand the smell. Sure, you'll get rid of the stench, but eventually your pet will die or demand a regular feeding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home