Sunday, September 16, 2007

UT vs UCF

Alright, in two seasons of UT football, this is the only game Is should miss.
I know what I saw on TV, and as far as I can tell, there are two possibilities.
1.) Texas ain't that good.
2.) Texas spent another week preparing for OU.
I don't know what the deal was. What I found most interesting was that individual plays seemed to usually go as hoped. Colt McCoy put up the right numbers, and yet the offense struggled. If the plays were executed as well as it seemed, and the offense still struggled, the playcalling is obviously a problem. Of course, hardly anyone would disagree with that assessment. The screen plays and zone reads are getting old. I don't care if they run that zone read only twice in a game, it's twice too many.
Texas is good enough of a team to stomp UFC, but UFC came out and played their best and Texas played like no one was watching.
Wins are nice, but the occasional beatdown is expected. The Longhorns have yet to deliver one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home