Saturday, June 02, 2007

Devils' Rooting Interests Tonight Split

With yesterday's winners UC-Irvine and Texas squaring off at 6 p.m., Wake Forest players won't know until tonight who they'll play in tomorrow's elimination game.

But they have their preferences.

Aake Forest got into the loser's bracket on day one by losing 13-0, but right fielder Evan Ocheltree thinks Texas would be the bigger challenge, so he's hoping that the Anteaters keep to their winning ways.

"Personally, I'd like to take Texas," Ocheltree said. "I'd like Texas to lose tonight just because of the fact that we'd only have to shock the world once. After facing UC Irvine, I think we can take them. I know we didn't show it yesterday but now we've got a gameplan coming in to tomorrow, and I want to see Texas."

Starting pitcher Ben Hunter most likely won't get into tomorrow's game after pitching an 8-inning gem today, but he wants another chance at Big West conference's regular season runner-ups.

"I'd like to see Irvine again," he said. "Then again I also think we can beat Texas if we play our game."

Head coach Rick Rembielak made his position on the matter just as clear as his players.

"I don't care," he said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home