Saturday, April 14, 2007

Busch Series Race Underway

The O'Reilly 300 is in progress and after watching the first 2o-or-so laps from pit road, I've moved back into the media center. It's more warm and there's a lot more information at my fingertips.
Through 48 laps, three drivers are out or off the track (Kevin Lepage, Timothy Peters and Brad Keselowski). Kyle Busch is leading. Busch has led every Busch race this year that he's run in, but he has yet to win one.

** On lap 49, Denny Hamlin just passed Busch for the lead.
**On lap 50 he relinquished it for gas and tires, but at least he got some bonus points for leading a lap, I suppose.
** Matt Kenseth just lost control, possibly a broken track bar. Race is under caution in the 54th lap. We'll see if Kenseth can get back in the race.

Keselowski's day is over after a broken motor within the first five laps of the race. Keselowski, the driver of the No. 23 Oklahoma Centennial Chevrolet is a rookie on the Busch circuit and 3th in points. He has yet to post a Top 10 finish, and that streak will continue.
"It's pretty disappointing because I thought we were going to have something strong to race with," he said. "We'll have to go get 'em at Phoenix."
In Lap 70, we're back under caution after a wreck that gathered up several competitors. Steve Wallace, Jon Wood, Shane Huffman and Reed Sorenson were all involved and are off the track.

Final Update**

Kenseth recovered from his early misfortune in the biggest of ways by winning the O'Reilly 300 by 0.128 seconds over Denny Hamlin. The margin is closer than any previous Busch races at Texas Motor Speedway.
I disappeared from my updates because I decided to watch the race from the press box instead of the media center. It was a nice vantage point, and I think I'll take my laptop there for the whole thing tomorrow.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home